Credo is an ideal partner for private equity clients. Several of our attorneys have years of experience as in-house counsel at major private equity firms, which gives us a practical approach to getting deals done. We’re experienced and savvy deal counsel, and have negotiated M&A transactions around the world, often opposite large law firms. Our managing partner, Heather McCormick, was named by M&A Advisor as a Top 40 under 40 M&A professional. See our practice in Mergers and Acquisitions.
Unlike our large firm counterparts, Credo's efficient cost structure allows us to serve as deal counsel while handling day-to-day internal and portfolio company legal matters. We assist with partner matters, fund formation, deal sourcing, partnering with other debt and equity providers and commercial work for portfolio companies. We also have a niche practice in structuring and negotiating employment arrangements for private equity executives.
In addition to representing established private equity investors, we’ve helped a number of newer private equity firms establish themselves.
Credo provides sharp, business-focused representation of private equity clients, including:
• Due diligence of investment targets
• Acquisitions and dispositions of companies
• Employment matters, including incentive compensation for PE professionals and portfolio management
• Fund formation and investor relations
• General corporate law services to the private equity client and its portfolio companies