Entertainment and Media
Credo provides legal services for entertainment and media related companies and transactions. We represent some of Southern California's hottest new-media companies (see Entrepreneurial Companies). We have guided our clients through a number of investments and acquisitions in the areas of film, publishing, fashion and media. We help our entertainment and media clients protect intellectual property, obtain licenses and handle legal issues for web-based media.
Credo lawyers have provided sophisticated tax and corporate advice in the corporate entertainment and entertainment finance fields for over 20 years. Our clients have ranged from independent motion picture and television production and distribution companies, lenders, investors and executives, and talent on both sides of the camera. Our services have included:
· Representing lenders and borrowers in slate financing, single-picture financing and other secured transactions
· Mergers, acquisitions and dispositions (including libraries of entertainment product)
· Equity investments, joint venture transactions and strategic alliances
· Distribution, licensing and sales agency deals
· International co-production financing